Home > Training Programs > Transportation > Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) for Class B

You already have a course in your cart

You can only add one course to your cart at a time! By adding this course, you will replace the existing course from your cart. How would you like to proceed?

Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) for Class B

Get the training you need to meet FMCSA requirements and prepare to obtain your entry-level driver training (ELDT) Class B commercial driver's license (CDL).

$495.00 (USD)

Have a question?We're here to help







You've got questions.
We're here to help.

Our highly knowledgeable Enrollment Specialists will answer any questions you might have about the course and payment options.




What is the refund and transfer policy for this ELDT training course?

This course does not fall under the ed2go standard refund or transfer policies. Once access to the course is provided, no refunds or transfers will be allowed.

What is a Class B license?

A Class B commercial driver's license is required to operate any single vehicle that is not hitched to a trailer. For example, commercial trucks with an attached cab and cargo area with a combined weight greater than 26,000 pounds and trucks with a detached towed cargo vehicle that weighs less than 10,000 pounds.

What can I drive with a Class B CDL?

With your Class B CDL, you can drive straight trucks, large buses (city buses, tourist buses, and school buses), segmented buses, box trucks (including delivery trucks and furniture trucks), dump trucks with small trailers, and some Class C vehicles with the correct endorsements.

Endorsements include Passenger (P), allowing you to carry passengers, Tank (T), allowing you to drive trucks containing liquid cargo, and H (Hazardous Materials), allowing you to drive trucks containing such hazardous materials as flammable liquids, explosives, or radioactive substances.

To obtain an endorsement, you will need to pass a specialized knowledge exam and possibly a specialized driving skills test. To obtain an H, P, or School Bus (S) endorsement, you must successfully complete training from FMCSA-approved training providers. You must also undergo a thorough background check to obtain an S endorsement.

Does this course prepare you for a certification?

This course includes the required ELDT theory exams for each of the units.; it does NOT include the behind-the-wheel training, cost of the CDL test, or other state exam charges.

When can I start this course?

This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.

How long does it take to complete this course?

After you register, you will receive 3 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.

What if I don't have enough time to complete the course within the time frame provided?

The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.

What kind of support will I receive?

Our courses are designed to accommodate various learning preferences. Depending on the course structure, you may get different forms of support. Self-paced courses are designed to be user-friendly and independent, minimizing the need for external support. In courses with instructors, our direct platform support feature includes opportunities for questions, discussions, and remediation, with email and phone support available for select courses. Our student advising team is available to guide you on program requirements and administrative requests, but they do not provide assistance with course content. Our goal is to provide you with the necessary support for success, whether it's through self-paced exploration, direct communication, or guidance from our advising team.

What happens when I complete the course?

Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.

Am I guaranteed a job?

ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.

Can I get financial assistance?

ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.

How can I get more information about this course?

If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."

You've got questions.
We're here to help.

Our highly knowledgeable Enrollment Specialists will answer any questions you might have about the course and payment options.

University of South Carolina Lancaster

476 Hubbard Drive
Lancaster, SC 29720 US

Copyright © 1997 - 2024 All rights reserved. The material on this site cannot be reproduced or redistributed unless you have obtained prior written permission from Cengage Learning. Privacy Policy